Eric Bruneel, entrepreneur
Eric Bruneel has more than 30 years of experience in the design and construction of multihulls, of which 26 (1983-2009) were devoted to the development of Fountaine-Pajot SA, the world leader of cruising catamarans, whose 2000th unit was delivered in August 2009, listed on Alternex Paris New York Stock Exchange in June 2007.
He has been successively Export and General Manager of the company, where he took an active part in catamarans creation and development.
Meanwhile, in 2003, he designed and built the fifty-foot trimaran “Trilogic” aboard which he won his class in the OSTAR 2004 solo transatlantic race as well as the 2005 Rolex Fastnet Race. He was also placed second in the 2006 Route du Rhum.
It is the combination of these experiences in the world of yachting and racing that led to the idea of a fast and comfortable cruising trimaran.
L’histoire de NEEL-TRIMARANS
Design of the NEEL 50 prototype, validation of the concept and first communications on the NEEL-TRIMARANS brand.
Design and production of the NEEL 45, the company’s first production boat. CE certification of the world’s first deep-sea cruising trimaran.
NEEL 45 is launched. It will sell more than 26 models.
- NEEL 45 is elected Boat of the Year by Sailing World and receives the Innovation Award by Cruising World (2 prestigious American awards).
- Creation of the dealers network, purchase of land for the construction of a factory on the plateau nautique of La Rochelle.
- Establishment of the plant on the plateau nautique of La Rochelle.
- Design studies for NEEL 65 and manufacture of industrial tools
- The first NEEL 65 is equipped for commercial use with a permanent crew for luxury charter. It defines the company towards new quality standards.
- The NEEL 45 “La Caravelle” is the winner of the ARC(Transatlantic Rally-Race). It demonstrates the performance of a trimaran against carbon catamarans.
Launch of NEEL 51
- The NEEL 51 is three-time awarded (European Yacht of the Year, Multihull of the Year, USA Best Boat)
- Construction of the 2nd plant and new NEEL-TRIMARANS offices
- Acquisition of a new shipyard (TechniYachts) on the plateau nautique in La Rochelle: + 5,000 square meters
- Launch of the NEEL 65 EVOLUTION, a new version of the NEEL 65 with an optimized interior layout.
Launch of NEEL 47